The Bahamas is one of the most popular destinations for Atlantic cruises with 70,000 islands and thousands of islands and great caves with it because the Bahamas is truly a beautiful country that amazes both travelers and scientists, especially when it comes to exploring the famous “Blue Holes”.
More than 4 million tourists enter the Bahamas each year, mostly via cruise ships. Traveling to the Commonwealth in the province of Bahman on a luxury cruise ship is really fun and enjoyable because it usually involves traveling, partying and celebrating and accompanying other travelers on board.
As with any international travel, travelers to the Bahamas must take adequate preparation. Below are eight important things to do before booking a cruise in the Bahamas.
1. Obtain a passport. Upon boarding the cruise ship, passengers must present their valid passports. Cruise trips usually include visits to more than one country. Thus, a passport is also required to enter the Bahamas. Passports are available from the official passport office at your source. 1 U.S. citizens 16 and older are required to present a valid passport or passport card while those 15 years of age or younger who have a passport are not required to present an original state-issued certificate from the U.S. Department of Health and Vital Statistics . A copy of the birth certificate (photocopy) is not accepted. It is advisable to prepare a passport and an original birth certificate for each traveler.
2. Obtain a visa. Visas are not required for citizens of the United States and Canada. However, if you come from outside the United States or Canada, you may need a US visa for multiple entries, and a Bahamian visa if necessary (check with the Bahamian Consulate to be sure). Foreign students studying in the United States traveling with a US visa must also present a valid SEVIS for travel.
3. Prepare a valid ID. In addition to passports and visas, travelers may have to present a valid government-issued identity card.
4) Prepare documents as proof of other citizenship. Naturalization papers will not be accepted by the cruise line. Legal U.S. resident aliens may be required to present their valid resident card. Students must secure a complete I94 form as well as a valid signed document from the school. All documents must be original copies.
5. Book your cruise trip. It is best to book your trip at least 3 months in advance of your travel date to ensure you are still getting the best ticket price. Keep in mind that as the travel date gets closer and the number of available tickets decreases, fares increase. You can call your trusted travel agent to find the best business for travel or just go to a reputable online DIY (do it yourself) travel booking site. Most travelers use online travel booking sites because customers are given complete control when it comes to creating their own trips. There are hundreds of online travel sites on the World Wide Web and most of them are owned by independent travel agents or independent partners of travel agencies. It is recommended to use the websites of these travel agencies who already have a strong experience in the industry as these companies have contact centers with experienced and highly trained specialists so that you need your help in matters related to your travels. Reputable sites and travel agencies carefully choose their partner travel provider. You can be sure that you will not be referred to “shady” contract suppliers and suppliers.
You. Inform the cruise line if you need special assistance. After booking your cruise reservation, it is advisable to specify any special assistance required. DIY travel sites often have a specific field (often a “comments” field) on their booking form for special assistance requests, such as adapted armchairs, elevators and access ramps, adapted toilets and wheelchairs in communal areas. After check-in, confirm again with the cruise line if your request is noted.
7. Get a travel insurance coverage. Travel insurance is an important addition for any type of travel. About 70% of cruisers buy travel insurance for three main reasons: peace of mind, anxiety about losing money invested in a trip, and protection against unforeseen circumstances.
8. Pack your luggage. Check cruise line baggage requirements. Some cruise lines may charge a fee if you exceed the luggage size or weight limit. Make sure you comply with any applicable terms, conditions and conditions of cruise lines and ports. Generally, prohibitions on weapons, firearms, dangerous items, flammable items, controlled substances and prohibited by local and national laws are not permitted.
The most affordable cruise package to the Bahamas is from Fort Lauderdale, as the port is very close to the country. You can book a cruise rental or a package deal, including cruises and hotel reservations on the Grand Bahamas.